Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2024-01-24
17:41:00
 Some Creative Cheats (Part 1)

Bruce Lee Anniversary Edition screenshotTCFS brought us some excellent conversions of classic C64 games. When Cauldron II starts up for example, the player is immediately greeted with a cheat menu. (That was probably warranted, as the game is very hard.) But what if you wanted to make progress in some of his other titles?

Today we will look at two games Impossible Mission +4 and Bruce Lee Anniversary Edition. Be warned, spoilers ahead!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2024-01-24
17:41:00
 Re: Some Creative Cheats (Part 1)

Let's start with Impossible Mission +4! The game is not actually impossible, but it is pretty hard. Do you want to make it easier? Good news, this game has a built-in cheat!

To activate it, walk up to any terminal, and then use it. This gives you a small menu. Select the first item, and press right 3 times (nothing visible happens yet). Press down, and press right 2 times. Press down, and press right 8 times. When correctly executed, a new menu item ("ADMIN ACCESS") appears. Select this to activate the cheats!

The game immediately tells you that you can use these keys (all very useful):

F1 - Instant snooze (the robots leave you alone for a while)
F2 - Reset platforms
F3/HELP - Teleport to next/previous screens.

There are additional keys you can use:
Inst/Del (backspace) will remove all furniture from the room which do not contain a piece to be collected.
Pressing up/down in the elevator will show you all the rooms you haven't explored yet.

This means that even while using these cheats, the game simply becomes easier, but it still stays meaningful. You can keep going and collect everything, then eventually win the game

Let's move on to our second game, Bruce Lee Anniversary Edition - the first of the "new era" TCFS games. This is a tough one indeed! One needs a lot of practice to make it all the way to the end. I wonder if anyone has done it so far?

If you found it too difficult, we're here to help! First off, we have 2024's first Game Map here, lovingly pixelled by me (Csabo). Taking a look at this should help you get a sense of the scale of the game. Anyway, on to the cheats: on the title screen (blue one, with the music), type DEVMODE. When correctly done, the "start game" text will turn to inverse. Once activated, you can press Inst/Del (backspace) on any screen to immediately collect all lanterns, and you can use the F keys to navigate: each exit leaving the current screen will be numbered. Therefore pressing F2 will go to the door/exit marked with "222", etc.

The only mystery that remains... Why 3-2-8? Could it be some kind of secret code or a significant date of some kind? There's no way anyone can figure this one out!

Posted By

Luca
on 2024-01-25
02:02:53

Nice! Now we can add the ending for Impossible Mission +4 then.

Posted By

Docsland
on 2024-01-25
06:58:53

Wonderful thread. I'm going to do a playbook for most games with all the informations i can find in the www. How to play, pics, maps, cheats etc. ! Well, finishing date may be in year 2030 i think...But why I can't see the cheats correctly here in plus4world??? All newer entries are only grey fields on black ground....
Very helpful in the descriptions are also infos how to play, whats the matter of the game , useful words in text adventures etc.
So the games in foreign languages are more playable
for all users.
Yesterday i startet "Blue Angel" , it needs some trying before i understand what to do, how to play and how to win/loose. After 25 min i made my 3:0 against the machine, but did i win???

My dream for the Playbook:
Printing out on the mps 803 black edition

Posted By

MIK
on 2024-01-25
09:50:25

The cheats hidden by grey is an antispoiler thing.

To see them click & hold a mouse in one corner and scroll across as if is your going to copy some text. Do the same with a touchscreen, hold finger in one corner of the grey box until copy/paste ect pops up and move the last quote marker over the area you want to read.

Posted By

Docsland
on 2024-01-25
14:46:55

Now i know how to read the cheat, thank you.
By the way : how many users/readers of the plus4world content did know this before!?

Posted By

Csabo
on 2024-01-25
15:44:41

That feature (grayed out spoiler text) was announced back in 2006. Gosh we're old :-/

Posted By

Docsland
on 2024-01-25
16:16:55

...so is it a good idea to put this "mystery" into the topic "how to use cheats" ?!

Posted By

Luca
on 2024-01-26
10:30:11

Perfect timing.

Posted By

TCFS
on 2024-01-29
02:28:14

..additional note to IM: F1 and F2 not just deactivates the robots and resets the platforms, but makes the player move slightly left and right with a pixel (this also helps you to position yourself to the edges right before a serious step/jump).
But be careful: this fine positioning ignores some collision checks, so do not use these keys to travel across the entire screen

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024