Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2013-12-31
03:36:31
 Angyalbõrben - Happy New Year!

At the moment of this writing, the European folks are already in 2014, while some of us here in North America are still stuck in the Old Year.

Anyway, a quick last minute gift for you all: C16/Plus4 in the Media. I found an old clip from a Hungarian TV show, called Angyalbőrben (literally meaning "In Angel Skin", refers to being in military uniform). One episode features a Commodore 16, and even a Hungarian C16 game! Check it out and enjoy - and be sure the read the transcript (complete with translation!) to get a clue as to what's going on.

Hopefully this section will expand more in the future. Happy New Year to all!

Posted By

Ati
on 2014-01-01
03:36:31
 Re: Angyalbõrben - Happy New Year!

Happy new year!

Posted By

Litwr
on 2014-01-01
04:07:44

IMHO it should be at youtube with English subtitles. HNY! happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2014-01-01
11:19:22

...where it will be promptly removed for copyright violation wink But otherwise sure, please go for it (whoever has an account and can upload). I actually have it in better quality, but compressed it to conserve our bandwidth. It's still totally fine for viewing though. Well, anyway, my point is, PM me if you want the slightly better quality file for YouTube upload.

Posted By

MIK
on 2014-01-02
03:10:10

Depending on format even YouTube can make some videos looks worse than the original too. I have that problem with .avi (divx)

Posted By

Chronos
on 2014-01-02
11:30:41

Beteg... de jó! amúgy BÚÉK!

Sick.. but great stuff! btw, happy new year to everyone!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2014-01-02
12:26:59

Ah, finally an actual comment about the CONTENT happy Yeah, should be funny, I guess back then it was an okay depiction of computers, but it hasn't aged well.

First, when the C16 that the doc plays falls into the water... That's clearly some other computer with a numerical keyboard happy The "typing" is hilarious as usual, but I guess even modern shows do this: typing stuff on a computer only consists of pressing keys in one row, no-one ever needs space or shift etc happy

BTW, they are clearly playing the C64 Sanxion through the episode in the arcade (I didn't include this, cause it's not Plus/4 stuff).

I tried to see if we can make out what's being type on the C16 screens (the colors are clearly recognizable), but the resolution is too low.

Anyway... Can you guys think of any more movies/shows etc that features a C16 or a Plus/4? (I know the Terminator reference often comes up, this is mentioned in Wikipedia as well, but it's unclear what machine that code is for. Though we could add it, I guess.)

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024