Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2011-07-05
15:14:25
 New Hungarian Game Covers

Abraka-DabraChampionship WrestlingJoe And The SeriffSakk KezdőknekÜrvirágViktor A Piktor
Bear(tm) send us an incredible pack of 7 covers (the 7th being the recently added one for Psylon). They are all for Hungarian games. Let's see the list:
  • Abraka-Dabra, an educational game based on the books of Professor Dienes. Lacus recently recovered the TAP image for this game, this cover makes things complete.
  • Championship Wrestling: the cover for the Hungarian release. Unlike the English one, this does have a proper manual included with it, featuring some funny wrestler descriptions.
  • Joe And The Seriff: an alternative (coloured) cover.
  • Sakk Kezdőknek: the cover for the yellow C16 version.
  • Ürvirág: this is an obscure game from Puhasoft, we didn't even know that it was commercially released. A very rare find!
  • Viktor A Piktor: an action game similar to Wacky Painter.
There you have it, enjoy!

Posted By

Gaia
on 2011-07-06
15:14:25
 Re: New Hungarian Game Covers

Very cool and rare covers! I recall I also had the C16 version of 'Starter Chess' back in the day... it's a pity I'd sold all my original Novotrade tapes to a second hand retailer in 1995 I had the cover for Dataturbo*15 for instance, though I think the cover only said 'Turbo*15'...! It was my very first turbo loader.

Posted By

Luca
on 2011-07-06
15:18:24

Does it also mean we should have two versions of this game, instead of one only?

Posted By

Gaia
on 2011-07-06
15:34:47

Well, not sure what you mean, but the original C16 version did not run on the plus/4 well, due to not setting the character set address properly, so a "new" bugfixed version was released later (blue cover).

Posted By

Csabo
on 2011-07-06
15:35:05

I live these covers too... For Viktor A Piktor, the author contacted us a long time ago and wrote that he might find a copy of the tape for the cover. I guess that never happened. But now we have it happy

Luca, you mean for starter chess? I think only the covers are different, there's no Plus/4 specific version.

Edit: Oops, Gaia already replied, I stand corrected. Even in this case, we could have the same one record I think.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024