Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2005-11-29
10:03:50
 Re: New Covers are coming

It's not really the upload that takes time, but the processing. I have very high standards on what's acceptable quality. All covers are processed in Photoshop to make them as good as possible. This includes: rotating (usually around ~0.5 degrees, but they have to stand upright), cropping edges, removing scratches, earmarks, etc. Once that's done, I save the file as small (file size) as possible without compromising quality. If anyone has good Photoshop skills and lots of time, by all means volunteer happy Sure, it takes time, and we could just throw everything up, but this way when it's done, it's DONE. (Example: [ before 350K ] [ after 90K ])

However, cover collection is just one small part of what needs to be done. There's lots of other stuff that needs work. We should break this down and prepare a page like OpenOffice: http://contributing.openoffice.org/index.html. There's the database (which you can edit and edit and still not make a dent wink), Publications (just listing all books and mags and linking to content), Encyclopedia, etc. This kind of stuff can be edited right here on the site, if you have access. If you're willing to do it, just ask for access, I've yet to refuse it to anyone.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024