Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2019-12-22
12:45:39
 Stercore 264!

Stercore 264About a year ago, TMR released a simple shooter for the Commodore 64 called Stercore 64. During his days off in the sunny and hot summer gerliczer thought Maybe I should do something useful. For example, I could try and convert this Stercore thingy to Plus/4. And he did! After the job done, he realised maybe he should have consulted about that with the game's author. T.M.R didn't have too many objections, although he too planned converting the game but with redesigned levels and native music. gerliczer tried to wait until the official port is released, but in the end he ran out of patience and anyway: everything for the fame! So belatedly, here is Stercore 264.

The game was originally made for the ZX Spectrum then quickly converted to the Commodore 64. It is a horizontal scrolling shooter with fast pace, colourful levels that sometimes overlap all fighting forces, few and dumb enemies and no real story. But it is good for a little relaxing blasting if you have no mood for demanding shooters like Alpharay. Unfortunately, the author seems to have changed his mind and given up on porting this game himself to our machines, but let's hope one day he himself will rework Stercore with glorious TED colours and chirpy TED music anyway.

Posted By

Chronos
on 2019-12-22
12:45:39
 Re: Stercore 264!

ELSŐ

izé, great stuff 'n great music, thank you bigtime! grin

Posted By

KiCHY
on 2019-12-22
12:51:59

Thanks for this great faithful conversion! My eyes have to learn to see the sprites grin

Posted By

George
on 2019-12-22
13:48:58

@ gerliczer Great game, fluent gameplay and great music! Well done!

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2019-12-22
15:23:04

Thanks guys, but first and foremost you should thank TMR for the original stuff.

Posted By

MMS
on 2019-12-22
17:22:01

gerliczer, thank you for transferring this nice gem to our platform.

TMR really had a nice idea, and the package is really nice.
Fast, colorful, good music, no color collision, nice spite emu.

I already uploaded my score, though the HOF do not let me to add the picture. (well, not a high score, but ELSŐ :-) )

Posted By

Mad
on 2019-12-27
00:08:08

Awesome! happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2019-12-27
09:45:00

Tested at last! Love the passionate conversions, more of these!
A weirdness I didn't check if from the original too: if you keep pressing the fire button at the beginning, the game waits into black screen until you release it.

Posted By

TMR
on 2019-12-27
10:55:55

Ooo-kay, so I really didn't expect this kind of response for something that was initially ported from a Crap Game Competition entry on the Spectrum but fair enough I guess...? =-)

@Luca: yes, that's a deliberate feature waiting for fire to be released before starting the game.

My last score on this version was 11,510 (I'm a little out of practice it seems) and, although I forgot to grab a screenshot, I was recording for Youtube at the time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot-r78pRe_c

Posted By

Luca
on 2019-12-27
11:49:20

TMR your score is in! Now we will try to follow by reaching the 5 digis too wink

Edit: Aha, so it comes to an end!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024