Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2016-05-10
19:44:45
 Ultimate Map V1.9

Ultimate ROM Map V1.9Quite a heavy update for the Ultimate Map, which has been refreshed and renewed by SVS once again! Nothing has been left out, from Commodore disk drives memory mapping thru C64 addressing compare, to the most famous and the rarest OS bugs.

This is the list of news about V1.9 release that summarizes most of the addons in Ultimate Map:

- A new INDEX page with hyperlinks to all the other pages and sub-arguments;
- New section DISK DRIVES with full memory description for 1541/1551/1581, Internal commands and exit codes, Scheme on how to set an internal command, DOS errors;
- New section HARDWARE with BUS-TIMING and USERPORT layouts (compared with C64' one);
- New section BASIC with Memory use schemes, Basic-line structure, Variable/Arrays structures and storing, Basic keywords table (tokens, parameters, defaults, etc.), Basic errors;
- Automatic calculators: 1) Arrays memory occupation and address calculation; 2) Decimal <---> Hexadecimal converter;
- New tables on TED page: Exact frequencies of the 264 machines; Music Notes table for each machine and deviation from wanted frequency. Pitch mode is selectable (Standard or "Verdi");
- Details on O.S. and DISK DRIVES pages for each bit of all the mapped ICs (/6551, 6529, 6223, etc.);
- Implementations on KEYBOARD table in I/O page, plus a new table of the differences between Plus4 and C64 keyboard matrix;
- New info for USR() function use, Long jump routines; Clock updating (RAM and ROM), exit flags for CHRGET routine, $9317 routine, TED D/A feature, TED MGR-ECM-HiRes incompatibility, Cartridge start codes, ROM/RAM switching, $BA, $02E7 (double width);
- Additional new tables: Colors, Bit-screen layout;
- More info in I/O and Expansion area $FD00-FEFF, free TED area $FF20-$FF3D, copy on RAM of TED registers $FFF6-$FFFD;
- Graphic modes mask at $0083;
- Added RENUMBER bug, erased GSHAPE bug, updated SSHAPE bug;
- Added more info regarding RAM Expansions (Hannes / Csory) and OS96 (Solder) both in O.S. and BASIC pages;
- Corrections: RS232 bug; TED<-->VICII; examples in PETSCII page;
- Lots of minor modifications.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2016-05-10
19:44:45
 Re: Ultimate Map V1.9

Awesome update! How many times have we said that this is a must have for any coder? wink

BTW, for those of you who don't have Excel installed (like me), you can use Google Drive / Google Sheets to open it, displays and handles just fine.

Posted By

siz
on 2016-05-11
00:50:36

Wow! This is a really huge update. Although Excel is not my preferred format but the contents are awesome!

Posted By

Majikeyric
on 2016-05-11
04:41:02

Great! Many thanks ! happy

Posted By

SVS
on 2016-05-14
03:47:17

Hi mates,
thank you for your good words about UltimateMap. And this time I want to specially thank all the people who did feedback me after the previous version. This really motivated me to this current massive updating.

Now that you have downloaded the Map (more than 50 DLs till now!) it is time to search for the Easter egg that, as usual, I inserted inside it wink then: The hunt season is open! happy happy

Posted By

Litwr
on 2016-05-15
14:58:23

This map allows the easier creation of the complex software, for example, a Basic compiler, fast graphic programs, sound utilities, ... happy Thanks.

Posted By

MMS
on 2016-05-15
16:22:25

wow, I go deeper and deeper, and find lot of treasures! Thank you, it is just fantastic...

Posted By

Litwr
on 2016-05-22
04:39:53

I've not found any eggs but several points for critisism:
1) why do ROM calls use not proper names? The best source for +4 information is Programmer's Reference Guide for the Commodore Plus/4, it uses the different names for a lot of functions. BSOUT, BASIN, READSS, ... have in SVS ROMmap the different names.
2) some information is odd, it looks like a kind of wrong based conclusions. For example, UDTIM and RDTIM calls are described as 60 Hz for NTSC and 50 Hz for PAL... The raster interrupt frequency are different for PAL and NTSC but the timer value is always 60 Hz based. PAL systems use value at $7fd to recalculate 50 Hz ticks into 60 Hz. So UDTIM is called 60 times per second on the PAL and NTSC systems. BTW the value $4F1A01 which means 24h:00':01" is common for PAL and NTSC.
3) some important information is missed. For example, READSS sets the zero flag if there is an error... It is documented the mentioned reference.
I am often using the fine SVS ROMmap so the only aim of this post is to help to make this map even more fine. happy The only way to evade any critics for the job done is doing no job at all. wink

Posted By

SVS
on 2016-05-23
07:10:52

@Litwr:
1) The names of O.S. labels are not official, nor those present in the Programmer's Guide. For example many sources explaining programming methods, do refer to CHRIN instead of BASIN. I did my best in order to merge all sources info with a logic. Then BASIN is referred as "CHRIN" in common Jump Table, but as "BASIN" in $EBE8 where actually the code resides. There is also a IBASIN refer in RAM. Generally the rule I applied: CHRIN is the entry door while BASIN is the actual routine.
READSS is just a typo IMHO wink all other occurences and sources refer to READST (ST=STatus).
2) In this argument you're right. After your contribution to the UltimateMap regarding the timing, I updated some addresses, but I forgot these texts (my fault).
3) I miss this info, not found even in Programmer's Guide. If you are sure of this I'll add to the UltimateMap. Other missing info: please send them to me.

Thank you.

Posted By

Litwr
on 2016-05-30
13:26:39

IMHO Commodore Plus/4 naming is a kind of cryptography... Names like TED, kennedy, KERNAL, READSS, BASIN, BSOUT, ... are not used with C64 and they are not typos. It looks like that ROMmap uses c64 routine names.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024