Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-07-16
 Tynesoft's Games Designer.

Has anyone got this and all the screen demos that came with it?

Intrested in seeing it again. There was one screen demo, I think it was an Amiga logo using 121 colours and to look at it really looked like a 16bit Amiga screen - if I remember correct wink

Cheers,

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-07-16
 Huh?

You mean there was another Games Designer beside Commdore's? I've never heard of this one. What was it like? We don't have this in our database, do we? Any demo games created with it, maybe?

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-07-17
 Tynesoft's Games Creator

can be found on D64 Archive 044b :
DLOAD"ANLEIT. GREATOR" and run it.
LOAD"+4 GAMES GREATOR",8,1 (note the misspelling),
then LOAD"PART 2",8,1 ,
then press F1.

D64 Archive 052a also has a Games Creator with demos. Use the "ANLEIT. GREATOR" from disk 044b to program the SYS address, then:
LOAD"GAMESCREATOR",8,1
LOAD"GC P4",8,1 (two spaces in filename)
LOAD"LE",8,1
and press F1.

This second disk has an "Amiga-style graphics" demo as "DEMO 7 P4". The demos can be DLOADed and RUN once the Games Creator files have been loaded and the SYS command issued.

Please note that this program messes with the F1-4 keys, so issue a KEY command to see what's mucked up. happy

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-07-17
 Wow not what I was exspecting!!

James I only came online to lets you guys know.... After 3 hours of digging on my HD, many Zip disk's and CD's I found the Cover!!!!!!! I thought I had it. A dude called Axel Scinke sent me it back in Nov 2000 and it was put to 1 side because of the amount of work I had going - plus the site was all games then.

And yes your right it is called "Games Creator".

Thanks dude for hunting this down, I'm offline in a sec for a scan! Cheers happy

To cut along story short. Yeah I once owned it, never used it coz I was a gamer, loaded up the demo's and that was it. Me and my girl friend about 8 years ago had to move to a smaller 1 bed flat so much of my spare plus/4 stuff had to go Stuff I did'nt use or think I would'nt need any more.... I kept all the pucker stuff and gave the rest away!! Games Creator was one item! Another I regret in giving away was Split Personalities, it was'nt my thing and DOH!! Plus4 only and we lack the cover (snif).

Anyways, Cheers.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-07-17
 Aha!

Nice find, James! I remember this one now, I used to have it. In fact I even wrote a game with it. You had to control a cannon at the bottom of the screen, and you had to shoot at some moving targets... Actually we have a "Games Creator" in our database, it's a file download from rulez.org, but that file doesn't work, does it?

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-07-17
 Here's the plan...

BTW cheers once again James!! happy

Ok's I've had a scan and copyed what we need to a d64. There is a Games Creator sitting on 64.rulez (what ever it is it's not this). So I've called this Tynesoft Games Creator. This is still cool because using the search it will still be found under Games Creator.

My memory of this software is really that Amiga Screen, but and this rings a bell, the software addes 30 new basic commands and the demo's show this off. The Back Cover says 2 tapes, 1 - the creator and 2 - the demo's.

We have the cover.

We lack the manual and a list of all the commands, but I think this archive is good untill we can get an oringial or .tap to check with.

Anyways the d64 is here: tynesoft_games_creator.zip

Guy's do you agree with this? If so it will be archived as it is and with that name until proven other wise wink

Cheers for your thoughts.

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-07-17
 Csabo..

You posted moments before I did the one above. Please check this arcive and see if all is ok from what you remember of it. Cheers,

Hey, you still have that cannon game ? :-)

Posted By

BushRat
on 2002-07-17
 I've got the manual

I was going to post the cover, last night. I figured it was Games Creator, too.
I will scan the manual and zip/email it to you Lando.

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-07-17
 Thanks Jim!!

King!!! happy

BTW I've got your info here and will add it as soon as I can. Many thanks!

Posted By

BushRat
on 2002-07-17
 Games Creator

The manual should be in your email box.
Weird way..Hah, after having had admin access on Funet.fi for years
About 1.4meg
Retype or QCR if you want

James C, look on the CD under PageSetter stuff and you should find tons of covers and manuals. Also in plain text ( I was dumb enough, years ago ) to retype PlusCalc, PlusScript, etc. Of course, you probably have those.

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-07-17
 Going back to my first post..

hehe happy

Not as awesome as it first sounded, but still cool and amiga looking. The colours and drop shadow gave it that stunning look that I was trying to remember.

So, it was Amiga related, had a boing ball spinning around and 55 colours on screen wink

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024