Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

RoePipi
on 2010-05-01
11:43:08
 A New PETSCII Arcade Adventure!

OlticrunOut- no. It's Olticrun. Oltik (because his name ends in a "k") hops into his "agent-style" little red car and drives off to uncover the "suspicious material at a nearby factory" case. The game is for the Commodore 16, but it has more (6 static and 3 types of scrolling) levels, dialogue, explosions, some extra graphics, and it can be played with re-definable keys or with a single joystick, without the need to reach for the keyboard. It's a tribute to Oltic. But what does it do with the original game?

Posted By

Csabo
on 2010-05-01
11:43:08

Congrats, very cute game happy This kind of stuff is right up my alley, hardcore old-school Plussy game. I wonder if the others will catch on as to what's actually going on in the game wink

Posted By

RoePipi
on 2010-05-01
12:15:20
 Re: A New PETSCII Arcade Adventure!

Yeah, it's a pity that I cannot check out my games through a "virgin" eye... Best solution would be a temporary amnesia when I remember the original game but forget my new one... and a note which says, write down everything that is unclear about the story...

Well, let's see anyway... happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2010-05-01
14:09:32

Olticrun
One thing disappoints me: it seems you can do one action per one step, and this means if you wanna drop a bomb closer to the wall you can't drop it AND run from the wall!

Posted By

Rachy
on 2010-05-02
05:26:16

LEGENDARY! :D

Posted By

RoePipi
on 2010-05-02
06:03:13

Luca:
True, every step is based on one (or less) pressed key. But the commands are buffered, so you can make complex movements by pressing more keys quickly. Try the following maneuver (at a thick wall):
1. Place a bomb next to the wall while walking alongside with it.
2. The bomb leaves 3 chars of walking space (and a peak in the middle).
3. Starting from the top of the 3 new chars of space, quickly press DOWN, FIRE, LEFT.
The bomb scene can be finished using 4 bombs.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024