Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

JamesC
on 2005-12-24
00:01:57
 Re: Software Rarity

I had thought about asking the users to enter their "inventory" on the site, but decided against it. For one, some people's inventory changes too frequently due to trades and sells. Another reason is that some collections are so big that it would take (almost) forever to get together a reasonable list, let alone enter them into the database here.

Plus, this isn't my site, it's not my place to tell Csabo to make this possible. happy

A third reason is that some rarities we're come across lately have been found by a small few.... C16Chris and Commodore16.com Chris are two examples. Their site (Commodore16.com) would be their first place to "publicize" their finds, and entering them here would be secondary. I know that when I find something new, I post it on my site (cbm264.com) first, so I cannot say that the Chris-ses (?!) would be out of place in using new finds to their advantage.

I think it would be great if we all had a central repository of software, but this site has done the second best thing -- made it available to all of us without the hassle of shipping and postage and packing costs.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024