Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Crown
on 2005-12-23
19:07:04
 Re: Software Rarity

Prices already started to go up, but the only reason for that is that demand (number of collectors) went up over the last 2-3 years, while supply keeps pretty much the same...

I actually would not like to see subjective ratings, but rather some rating which depends on quantifiable data. Something like along the line how many known copies of a particular version of a program exists...
How this could work is that the site became became our inventory reposit. If I have a certain game than I could set on the site that I have it and how many copies of it I have. Basically the same stuff I'm and others doing right now keepin an HTML or Doc file version of their inventory and duplicates list. If only just 5-10 people keep their inventory numbers up to date on the site, than that's an immediate rating on rarity, because if nobody from the collectors have an item then that's an extremely rare item, if 1 or 2 has them then it is rare, if 3-4 people has it than medium rare, more than 10 people has it vey common etc...

Now it would be also good to know, the original release quantitites for individual titles, but that's not going to happen....

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024