Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2001-05-19
 Cool.

It's great to hear from another CP4 user

Do you have an 060/50 ?

Just incase you may not know here are a couple of tips for CP4:

New to you is C64 SID music on the PLUS/4 !!
Please try out some of the later issues of Luca's Lone News and setup CP4's sound for SID before running them. I've been told having a real SID card for you Plus4 is KING!

Some games have been packed (compressed). This is very rare, but you will find CP4 having problems and slowing down to almost a stand still. If you do come across these type of games then turn the sound off and CP4 will run as normal. Once the game is running turn the sound back on. Like I said this is rare, but there are some I have uploaded like this. One game off my head like this is "Duotris". For some odd reason Sound is clashing with the type of compressions used.....

There is a small trick to get Tom Thumb running cool with CP4. From the main "Preferences" goto "Prefs" and set the option "REAL TIME" as a tick. Tom should now run cool. If you find it to be jumpy and not looking correct then quit out and try again. The trick is to catch the FPS just right and Tom runs great. The background music does play slower than normal, but the game never slows down. Enjoy Also WinEMU on PC is cool for Tom Thumb.

You can HEADER/SCRATCH D64 files

regards,

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024