Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2005-10-17
17:22:23
 Re: Top list opinions

Hi,
In fact I am a little surprised by the topic, as SO many great games converted, YES, converted to PLUS/4 by some fantastic people. What is your problem with those world famous games?
Keeping in charge only the commercial games would just eliminate my last 2-3 favourite years I REALLY liked to play with my extended C=16, it was mainly PIGMY's, TCFS's an Muffbuster's result. These conversion gave me the feeling, that this computer is able to give the gameplay I need, and sometimes only C=64 seems to able to provide at that time (and of course Amiga, but it was a different price category). These guys gave back the hope, that this unfortune computer still have some years of fun, not dying without new releases. (instead of sudden death due to "no new SW", it became more a phase out, like in case of C=64)
These were the Barbarian or Battery2(as nice action), the nice 3D as Driller or those several adventures PIGMY converted (like Tass Times or Bard's Tale3) or the round base game like Laser Squad. Theses are all GREATEST 8-bit games of all the time (even on more lucky computers, like Spektrum or C=64), so to why be furious with them?
I know, that they are not "original" +4 games (like Tutti-Frutti), but in my mind these games give the shine to the polished and well kept memory of my favourite black C=16 home computer (surely with 64K RAM happy) )

Sorry for the late reaction, I just joined the team. Up the Plussy!

Bye: MMS

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024