Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2001-04-11
 Ok's.

If the rest of your collection is loading fine then it could well be the tape...

The correct way is with a tape head alinement kit, but I've never seen one for Plus4. So I've done mine by guess work.

You can by all means adjust your heads if you want to try. But do it at your own risk.

There is a small hole above the second "O" in the large COMMODORE logo on top of the dataset. You will need a watch screw driver to turn the screw left or right.

Open the lid so you can see inside. PRESS PLAY down (no tape inside) and the small screw should be inline with the small hole at the top.

Before you move the screw remember how much you have turned it. If your not happy with the new setting then you know where to turn it back to (how you had it before you moved anything)

Only 1/8th of a turn to the left or right is needed each time to move the heads up or down and then test it for loading.

If your getting a ?BRAKE ERROR the heads are to high or to low...

If you move the heads and the game does not show "FOUND" (just a blue screen all the time) You have turned the screw way to much the wrong way.

If the game says "FOUND", but crashes while loading past here you must tweak, fine tune the setting.

Also note: Nova Load Turbo's are the easyest of files to load. The rate of loading is very high even if the heads are out a little.

Remember Side "A" or "B" could of been recorded on a differnt divce (master copyer) and you might find "A" to load and not the other side ?...... So it is hard to find the correct setting by guess work!

I leave it to you to deicide if you should wish to adjust your heads...

regards,

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024