Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2005-01-28
02:24:57
 Re: Cheat mode for GWNN

I spent alot of time looking at your rainbow and was amazed GFX were being displayed in the border. In its day it was one of the greatest achivements because no one had used that trick before and the game also ran super smooth.

I'm not sure why Anco didn't take your game up, but all I can think of is they wanted not only quality which GWNN was but quanity maybe. I'm sure they may of been looking to put GWNN out at £7.99. If it was a multi loader, say a 4 part loader then they may of taken it up.... I'm thinking on the lines of Terra Nova which to be honest isn't the best shooter ever made on C16/Plus4 but quanity one the day. Digi speech, Plus4 only version which featured music and more speech ect.

But then again Gremlin took up your Xcellor8 where both Gwnn and Xcellor8 used your awesome GFX styling. I think Gremlin appreciated what you were doing with the C16 because Xcellor8 had that wow factor displaying almost C64 graphics. Mastertronic ended up releasing something they could only dream of having for our system because for £1.99 Gwnn was an absolute technological coded gem. happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024