Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

JamesC
on 2004-10-23
09:45:35
 Re: :: milestone :: Reveal your active projects

I have several projects on my "to do" list. However progress is impeded by the fact that my wife and I have divorced and I have custody of the three young children, with minimal assistance from other adults.

1) The GEOS/1541 project has been put on hold until I obtain a 1551 that works correctly at normal room temperatures. My current 1551 stops responding after the first disk command, causing the Plus/4 to "hang" until the reset button is pressed. Even with the cover removed and a fan blowing cool air dierctly onto the circuit board, I have only successfully booted GEOS *once* with this drive.

1b) YAPE 0.59's multiple disk drive emulation, coupled with the original GEOS disks distributed online, seem to have caused most all GEOS/1541 interest to vanish. I know of only three people who actually desire to purchase a GEOS/1541 disk now, and a handful of others who would like to see it if does not cost them anything.

2) A "Friends" trivia game. I have the questions and answers, I lack the time to code graphics. **I wish I owned a lightpen** because I also have a 128D and could use the lightpen on either system to draw graphics much faster than by trial-and-error with code.

3) "Texas Hold-Em Poker" simulator. The basic card randomization and card deal is coded, I lack the motivation to code the bet routines and determining which hand wins. This was originally a project for my wife, who watched "World Poker Tour" on television. Now that she is gone, this will probably stay unfinished for a time. The original plans included a bit of "narration" by an artificial intelligence commentator to be scrolled along the bottom of the screen, and a "World Tour" hidden mode that raised the bets to what we see on the television, as opposed to bets that friends would make ($100,000 on television vs $10-50-100 with friends), and you would actually play against Dave "Devilfish" Ulliot himself.

4) Long term project: A "Starship Titanic" remake on the Plus/4. This would be an Infocom-style game based on Douglas Adams' game for the PC.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024