Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

JamesC
on 2004-08-25
02:35:53
 Re: "Disk Doctor"?

Paul, if you wanted a C64 program, then why bother a Plus/4 forum? C64 SDA's don't work on a Plus/4, in case you did not know. Jim Hehl wrote a version of the SDA algorhythm for the Plus/4 but the resulting file is meant to be USED on a Plus/4, not a C64.

And MAYBE, just POSSIBLY, Commodore Canada (who released the v8411xx version) was instructed by West Chester to NOT delevop their version any further. Anyone who has read any sort of history on Commodore would probably know that Commodore US stopped development on the software for the Plus/4 and C16 not long after the machines were released for sale.

I posted a link to a program that did what you specified, but on a Plus/4. Csabo came later and posted alternate download locations for the same program. I am offended with your "matter of fact" response for a machine that THIS FORUM DOESN'T SUPPORT, and I would venture to guess that SVS, the author of the program I suggested, and Csabo, this website's co-host, are not happy either.

Maybe you would be better served by the comp.sys.cbm newsgroup, rather than here.

I extend my apologies to everyone else reading this thread, but I felt that the originator needed to be told. If the Forum Moderator in Canada wishes to edit or remove my post, he may feel free to do so.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024