Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2004-08-08
19:09:30
 Re: Good advice re: Plus/4 emulator for my PC needed please...

To put it short and sweet Plus/4 emulation took many years to get going. While we were screaming for a version of Vice Plus/4 and to be honest this should of been done long before PET, Vic20 and c128 of the vice family many emulators came and went within that time. Thier ignorance became mine! I have never download vice Plus/4 and never will, some others feel the same.

So while we waited for Vice we supported every emulators to grace PC, even Amiga. In away this site is testement to what emulation did long before Vice Plus/4. Yape was one of the late comers, the author of Artifex helped Gaia in the early days to get Yape up and running. By this time Plus/4 emus were well established with many different people from other scenes helping out. Markus Brenner lent a hand by bringing the .TAP format to Plus/4 emulation. Gaia worked closley with Markus and before we knew it Yape could load tape images. This wasn't a first, Minus4 was but this could only load wave samples of the tapes. Didn't take Gaia long and Yape was loading wave samples aswell. Then the tables turned and Gaia helped in getting the .tap format up and running with Dr Zsolt and his Artifex, but saidly Artifex came to a stand stil soon after. For the first time Plus/4 emulation was rocking. Again for the first time we could use and load original files, none of those poor cracks and the like so this inturn eliminated unwanted bugs. It took a lot of dedication but over time Gaia fine tuned his Yape beyond our wildest dreams! He made it his mission to bring floopy support to Yape and many, many other features. When we asked we got. Yape is the peoples emulator. It grew up along side what everone else was doing and the end result is very close to a plus4 as you could hope for. happy

Thats why it seems like most of use Yape. You were right. It took a good number of people, many emulators came and went and Yape took all the glory long before Vice ever showed up and when it did Yape was way ahead in terms of functionality, compatability, ect.... We thank Vice for sweet FA.

Yape should cover all your needs of emulation.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024