Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-10-21
 Internationl Karate demo tap.

With Yape running so cool now it was time to try this one again. The last time Yape spat it out and being a half wave turbo you could only pull your hair out!!! It was a mess. I have two copys of this game and this one on offer was the best so far.. Copy 1 only worked for 2 rounds before it crashed.

Today I'm one step closer. The whole single player version runs and loads fine, play testing I could not hit the last guy at all on the 4th last stage. Did a soft reset after an hour of trying and typed LOAD quick and the final part (Your the winner text) loaded fine.

I just tryed the 2 human player version and it crashed on level 3. Tape at fault once again or heads out of alinement... I may try one more time with another trusty 1531 thats been good to us in the past TAP wise.

So as it is I will release this almost working version, but it won't be an official upload added to the site database in any way or form. Nedds to be 100% working to do that so for that reason I'll call this one int_karate_demo.tap wink

If your intrest then grab it here 1.3MB

By the way. Int-Karate single player version vs the computer loads right after the select menu at the start. The 2 human player version is found at the end of the whole single player version....

Posted By

Ulysses777
on 2003-10-21
 Re: Internationl Karate demo tap.

Yeah, TAP making can be a right pain, especially when it seems to depend on all your equipment. For example, for some reason, my laptop is better at making good TAP's than my main computer. Also, using the 1531 continuously also causes more errors if it gets too warm.

Not sure if this will help you Lando, but I sent to Csabo a TAP and instructions of the Azimuth Head Alighment Tape from Interceptor Software. But I'm not certain of it's effectiveness when copied to a real tape using PTAP. happy

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-10-21

What I find are pigs are the half wave turbos. Not only can they be a pain at times to load on Plus4 but also to create as taps. If one side of the tape doesn't load then the other might.. wink In general everythings good here.

Its been a hard ride, seeing all the games running in Yape long before C16 TAP was created and then to tap that very game and for it to crash on loading was AHHHHHHhh! Little did we know there were hidden bugs in YAPE that only showed up when we needed it to work the most wink Yapes come along way now and Internationl Karate had to come out. Yapes working well, multi loading half wave is looking great so I can only point at the tape now..

What is anoying is Internationl Karate is only recorded one side of the tape! So that doesn't leave many options.

All we need now is Terra Nova just to see if Yape can load it then I believe almost all tape formats are covered, but I killed mine with the 1531 eating it up (I was pushing me luck with the tape)

Posted By

Crown
on 2003-10-21

If you can sample the tape into a wav file, I would be interested in that. I have a few tapes as well for which I can't do a TAP or actually load on the real thing, and I was thinking about writing a program to help restore these tapes, and the best starting point for that would be a wav sample...

Posted By

Gaia
on 2003-10-21

Why don't you guys just actually adjust the head of one of your datasettes? That would surely help. I have always done that even when I had only one unit.

Posted By

Crown
on 2003-10-21

That wouldn't help if the tape is stretched which is possible...

Posted By

Gaia
on 2003-10-21

But would help in 99% of the cases when it's not! happy And note, you need to sacrifice only one datasette for this purpose and can keep the rest as good spares if you are concerned.

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-10-21

Gaia happy

I have sacrificed 2 1531's already to the bin. Terra Nova and Winter Events. No way was I going to use them again after what they did to my babys lol wink

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-10-21

Crown: Five Star Games II does the version of Manic Miner on that release have a Turbo? If so it would be nice to have a copy happy

As you may know the original release is a long loader. (snif) wink

Posted By

Crown
on 2003-10-21

Yes, all games are recorded with Novaload on it... I'll make a TAP then, there are a few tapes which I didn't gave the TAP treatment yet, this was among them....

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-10-22

Ah nice one! Cheers for that happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024