Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-09-25
 Re: Discussion about plus4world

MC, put the kettle on and take a peek at this lot. forgive me if I sound harsh or nasty in anyway, but this is my view on the topic which doesn't count wink

1. Being a registered user doesn't mean anything at all and there is no real need of it. We have a forum thats free for all and I'm sure people are only to pleased they dont have to sign up just to ask a question or say hi.

2A (and for SVS). Once again there is no need to register? What does it achive? We are not asking anything of people as its a free for all. I've been here for the last 5 years, more than over stayed my welcome or what I believed I would do of it. Emulation and a site with a face brought people here, most left once they were happy, most were gamers. Over the course of 2-3 years we between us all rounded up almost ALL commercial games (after all this was a gaming site from the word go). New emulation releases used to bring the punters in and I used to spam many emulation sites with the news, but in the last year or so things have died down, not only Plus4 emulation but emulation of all machines and formats. This site at the start joined the big rush that the net was - to get everything out and up and 99% of emulation be it Plus4 to Dreamcast is all about gaming. So there's no wonder gaming is still top of the list. I said things died down in the last year and yeah that in turn allowed this data base to grow! Thats why game covers show up once or twice aweek because we are building on what we already have. It won't be long before the covers run out and cover updates become rare. The games side of this site is so ahead of its self now that it has allowed time for everything else inbetween to be updated or added. Games are running thin! So stop talking GAMES wink

2B. We should not ask people to register! Allowing people to download and handful of games and then have to register is CHESSE! They will soon lose intrest and move onto other sites that dont ask you to register. Even if people have to register they will only join to take what they need and in most cases never return. You guys are some of the lucky ones! There was no plus4 scene where I came from. The Plus4 died back in 1988-ish and it remaind in its grave for years! The flame only burned in this house because I loved the games so much and its fond memorys. Before the net Plus4 was just me and the same applys to many out there!! Why is the C64 scene so big? Because of its games. Thats why Lemon 64 is so BIG with only a handful of people talking code! Once you get on the lesser known machines that handful of people talking code is even smaller. We should be glad about the amount of people that do pay respects to the C16/Plus4 how ever small that might be after all this is a hobbie, not away of life. And I mean that in a nice way...

3. Yeah I agree there, I once asked for reviews, but because of the small intrest in Plus4 at the time I only recieved one! Handing the knowledgebase to the public... If I'm thinking on what your saying then this could be a little tricky, everything we've all added so far is as close the the truth as can be.. If anyone is allowed to enter data in then the database maybe become fulse all to easy. ??

4. "We need a dedicated hungarian corner". If we need one of them then we also need a German corner lol. At the start of C16.de I gave them almost everything I had on offer (the site was almost a mirror of this one), but once the site changed hands they never linked to us or payed any attention to what we were doing here. C16 is another world that isn't apart of this one. Its a shame English is the most used language and English was the most used language on the Plus4 as it doesn't help anyone.. If people can't talk the tounge then they won't join in. I'm also ignorant with anything else other than English and its a shame I can't join in on say.... C16.de side of the Plus4. So this language problem has created Plus4 Tirbes in away and there isn't much we can say or do about it. Anyone is welcome to create a Plus4 site in any language they please. If the hungarian guys are that keen then they should do their own thing I believe. I'm sorry to say that but thats the truth. It needs more hungarian dudes to support what we have here as we can't ask Csabo and Ati all the time because they are also busy with other things.. So having multi language forums could be a good thing as long as there is the support to help out with the translation of this almost 100% english site, but it still may not bring people here (english side) as they may stay with their own side of the world... Would be alot of work to have multi lauguage versions of this site. You may bring people to emucamp but they will still be miles apart from each other.

Last of all, this site stands here on the gounds of GAMES and EMULATION and to most it will always will be the on stop site for all your gaiming needs wink. With the help of Csabo's PHP it has created a moster site that has allowed all kinds of goodies beyond our imagination to be added and yet the support and scene of the Plus4 hasn't grown much bigger than it was 5 years ago. This site has always been active, more than most C64 sites for content and uploads, but what did we do wrong? The C16/Plus4 was mostly a gamers machine.. thats whats wrong I believe and thing man never change....

Some of the stuff SVS said was very good BTW!

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024