Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

JamesC
on 2003-09-22
 Re: New uploaded utilities

My comments go back to a conversation I had with Csabo a few months back. In the Bulletin Board System era, a 'new upload' meant that there was a downloadable file. Therefore I refer to a 'new upload' as something that I can see a screenshot or description of, and download the associated file if I am interested.

In my opinion, there should be a seperate screen for 'new records in database' for items that only have a name and author/software house/other details, but no screenshots or download links.

Atilla, I am aware that the webmasters work for free. I work for free on my own website, remember? wink It seems that Csabo has more available time while at his place of employment, as he can add things during normal work hours in North America (Csabo is in Canada, I'm in the US). I do not have that opportunity, so my updates will tend to occur on weekends or in the evenings while Europe sleeps.

The comment about screenshots being a few days behind also goes back to myself and Csabo, for when I added the Commodore US/Canada and Tri-Micro titles to the database, I sent screenshots and cover scans to Csabo, and many months later only a few have been added.

It seems to me that if you have the original program on cassette or disk (or punchcard, joke toward SVS wink ) then you have the programmer's name or software house from either the packaging or the program itself, and can submit a screenshot to Csabo or Lando when you add the title to the database.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024