Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-09-15
 Re: Space Sweep

"Who would think that this little machine would carry the most memories out of all the computers I owned."

Those are very true words! I have over 30 computers and games machine now, but its the Plus4 I remember the most. I was 14 years old at the time, 33 this week
My dream machine was the Commodore 64, but like you it was too expensive for my parents but was pleased to have a computer at that (Plus/4).

Alot of the programmers seam to be around the same age. I would guess in their late teens at the time and yeah DW doesn't look much older than me wink

Intresting point of Space Sweep is that you can tell sound was an important part of his coding as it was on C64. There isn't many classic C16/Plus4 games that have music yet here is one! He must of found it hard going not to beable to do the things he could with SID as it can sound a little odd with the music cutting out between each sound effect, well how many games have 2 channel music and try to add sound effects inbetween the music! Love the SFX used for the ship blowing up. Yeah by the time he was working for Codemasters and we get to see G-MAN you can hear the most amazing TED jinggles of the time which he did, C64 inspired because of his work on that of course.

If your into SID music check out David's Vamprie title tune! Vampire is also one game I would love to see a Plus4 port of and surprised it didn't seeing as the Dizzy games use the same type of GFX wink

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024