Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-09-01
 Re: Lando's time machine

For me it all started with the stand-up version at a local bowling alley. I was 15 years old at the time. I was blown away by the GFX, SFX, music and the way it played, it was a dream come true. That saturday afternoon, me, my brother and C16/Plus4 best friend from school spent all our paper round money on the machine happy That section with the double bends on the first course was hard work, used to crash into the beach house on the right at the exit of it. If you could pass that ok you'd might make it to course 2 happy

Anyways where we had bikes we used to cycle miles looking for C16/Plus4 games. Out Run had a hunting for arcade machines inbetween happy We found a little arcade down lea-on-solent which had the sit down daddy version which was 30p ago if I remember correct. Before long I was playing the game one handed. It was a buzz with people watching you play it from start to finish. On the out side of the sceen you could see the reflection of people standing behind you happy For years we headed down to lea-on-solent, with Shinobi at 10p ago it became heaven.

My fav route was (start) Coconut Beach, (right) Devil's Canyon, (left) Alps, (right) Wheat Field, (right- finsih D) Autobahn.

Always dreamed about owning Out Run back then and it took 10 years to arrive arcade perfect now on Sega Saturn. I also have a Saturn steering wheel so thats as close as you can get to the real thing knowing they are all but gone! The flame will never die as long as that CD doesn't melt wink

Your right it was the beginning, but history repeated it self once more with the release of Daytona USA for me! Man I stuck £25 pounds in this baby as my first go happy This and Out Run are the greatest arcades ever created and like you its hard to imagine Out Run 2 capturing the magic... We could be wrong, but to do so it will mean you have to play with the car on screen just like the original.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024