Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-08-30
 Re: Lando's time machine

There's not much you can do when the kids are small so I thought some old classic sea side town would be fun for them. A couple of years back I took nipper to Great Yarmouth and that was like steping back to the 80's. They had a couple of Out Run machines there! This got me thinking and I was wanting to find Super Monaco, Virtua Racing..

This year now with 2 chlidren, (girl at 8 months) I thought Margate might be a good place to find the old stuff and nice place for the kids. I think the place was called DreamLand, you get to the arcades just before to get to the rides. Along with Out Run there where alot of Retro machines there. I'll be honest, Out Run was in good working order, but the steering wheel had been changed and sat alot closer to the cabnet so you could just about get you fingers around it wink Up on the beach from are a number of arcades and WOW I found a Twin Super Monaco in 100% perfect working order. Was ace to re-live the moment. £1 for 5 goes happy

All I can say is think small town, that sort of classic 80's sea side town and you may find one near you? Blackpool, Brighton and Portsmouth and the like have been busy over the years and all the classics are all but gone

This site may be of some intrest: www.arcadeflyers.com

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024