Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-08-14
 *** Shut Down Virus Alert ***

I don't know if any of you guys know anything about this..? I still don't but have this to say any way:

Last night a message window poped in the middle of the screen, the rest of my desk top was white with everything gone!

The message said something about saving your work/files and your PC will now "Shut Down". I thought WTF!?? I was thinking about pulling the plug, but luckly I clicked on the white part of the screen and pressed "ctrl, Alt and Delete" and shut the fuuker down. Everything seams ok.

I got to work this morning and 2 guys asked me about the Shut Down virus because their PC's have been hit! I can only guess they didn't know what they were doing because since they have had the same thing there PC's only connect for 30 seconds at a time and logs it self offline. They must of shut the window that poped up or clicked the OK??? 1 guy is stuck with it while the other found a fix only to find pages and images would not load or show. All he could do was wipe his PC. This is not an email virus but coming from the net some where..

I didn't think much of it because I shut the program down, that was until the guys at work said something..

Be carefull is my advice!!

It makes me sick knowing this shit is all part of Windows XP!!! When I fired up MSN for the first time and got the random SPAM pop up that pi55ed me right off and now this ffs.

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-08-14
 Re: *** Shut Down Virus Alert ***

Ps. When I said I pressed "ctrl, Alt and Delete", I shut the spam popup window down and NOT my PC.

Posted By

Ulysses777
on 2003-08-14

http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/blast.asp

There's a real big fuss about this thing at the moment...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3143625.stm

I haven't got this thing (thanks to a firewall and some antivirus software, but the firewall seems to have done it's part) happy

Posted By

Gaia
on 2003-08-14

Yeah, our company where I work also got hit by the MSBlast worm yesterday. Luckily my home PC had the patch from Microsoft installed already weeks ago, so it was not affected.

But this is the time keep in mind: 1) apply the hotfixes immediately as they are released 2) use a firewall

Posted By

MC
on 2003-08-14

I forgot to update my machine & my girlfriend let something in through the firewall! Boom, there's my first virus ever since i'm around PCs happy (1993)
OK, i removed it manually, then i found a virus alert at Symantec's, so i could be sure that it was a virus that i've killed happy happy

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-08-14

Many thanks for the links Ulysses777.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024