Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-07-28
 Re: Fantastic Four

End of the day a d64 or floppy copy could of been created by anyone and passed about so who would of know where it came from...... If you got it then share it because thats what we've all been doing for years now, but........

There is only a small amount of games that sit on this site we should not have full stop! One such game I fear the most is Spy vs Spy. The big C64 sites won't touch anything from First Star Software, but also Spy vs Spy is the property of E. C. Publications. Tynesoft only had permisson to use the name and the secret agent characters, they also have copyright on it. Spy vs Spy is still a big franchise today. The C64 ports we have on Plus4 use copyrighted GFX. Boulder Dash another port is again First Star Software who only released an update of Boulder Dash this year on GameBoy Advance. Stuff like this we should not have on the site at all, but its here because we are pushing our luck as we do with everything! One of the big C64 sites was threaten'd to take down Spy vs Spy and all releated First Star games or have the site closed and face legal action! They never hunted us down and maybe they never will, but till then they stay because again we will push my luck and take a slap on the wrist and say sorry. All I can say is grab it while you can

But you can also see where James is coming from. Comic Book hero's are major copyright stuff and they don't even compaire to small time Scott Adams. If James doesn't wish to let something go then fair enough. We should respect James wishes and move on. Its not worth fighting about it because if there is one working copy there must be others, who knows...

The game should be part of Plus4 World, named atleast or what ever we can get away with. Having C64 images showing is really the last and final thing you could ever dream about adding to a game. If we don't have it or the game does not work 100% it can be nice to see a preview, but it must state that it is indeed the C64 version being shown. This can be seen as a mark of respect to such software.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024