Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

JamesC
on 2003-03-11
 Demo Competition / Programming Contest !!

I hereby offer to (host or sponsor) a demo competition (programming contest) for the C16 and Plus/4.

I will write specific rules and categories tonight or tomorrow, but short and quick you have a choice of C16, Plus/4, or both; disk or PRG formats (for emulator compatibility); BASIC, machine language, or LOGO; NTSC, PAL, or both (not adjusting user's current video setting is preferred).

All entries must be able to run on a stock C16 or Plus/4 with no additional hardware except a disk drive. This is because not all emulators support the same TAP formats, but I believe all support .d64 and loading directly from the PC drive.

Loading a file from another file is permitted as long as all files reside on the same .d64 or PC directory. However the first file must be startable with LOAD"* or DLOAD"*; no obscure SYS or MONITOR commands should be needed to start the program.

LOGO is allowed as a programming language because I feel that there should be an opportunity for someone to show what this language is capable of. happy

If you have questions or I need to clarify something, please let me know so that I can incorporate it into the rules.

As far as prizes, I can generate a certificate of acheivement or something to that effect, but I don't know what other kind of prizes would be desirable (other than cash, hehe).

Posted By

bubis
on 2003-03-13
 +sid

An additional sid card may be acceptable too. It is emulated with Yape.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2003-03-13
 Bubis -->

YAPE doesn't run on Amiga or DOS, only Windows machines. We're looking for 99%+ commpatibility with emulators as well as the real machines. The SIDCard isn't exactly something you can go to the local druggist and have prepared for you. wink

If you wish to submit something with the ability to detect SIDCard, go ahead, or prompt the user for if they have one..... I myself did not have a SIDCard til 6 weeks ago, when Jim Hehl sent me one. I haven't plugged it into the Plus/4 yet 'cause I'm in the process of moving. April I will have everything set up and ready to play again.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024