Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

JamesC
on 2003-02-09
 What was that Elton John song? "The B**** is Back"???

The V364 that I attempted to buy on Ebay US 13 months ago has been placed for sale. $5000 minimum bid, $7000 if Buy It Now is used. Ebay Link

The final bid thirteen months ago was $1447.22, for a profit of $3552.78. This is 345% markup, more than most furniture or apparel stores receive on their merchandise.

And here is the Google link to the comp.sys.cbm newsgroup, where Dan was going to upload or post additional material about the V364 once he had a chance; this has not been done either. What little is on his website is the same as what Bo Zimmerman has on his site, other than protographs.

Where are the data sheets? Where is the PLA information, the photos of the back of the circuit board, the pinout diagrams of the cartridge port and the cassette interface? (Note: Dave Haynie advised that carts and datasettes not be used with prototype equipment due to wiring changes on the motherboards.)

Thank you Dan, for stealing the unit out from under me with a sniper website, and then not sharing the information you received. Your current Ebay auction doesn't even tell about all the handwritten documentation you received from Dave, I suppose you're gonna keep that for yourself, huh? Or do we get to bid on that seperately for another $5000?

Looks like I picked a bad week to quit smoking.

Posted By

Bacon
on 2003-02-10
 This just makes me sick

What a bastard! And he justifies the price tag with this being the only production grade C364, adding that it won't be listed again if it isn't sold this time; obviously to make sure that someone who's "got to have it" actually bids such an obscene amount of money.

I doubt that any true Plus/4 or C= enhusiast can afford $5000-7000. If it's sold, it'll probably go to someone just out to make a buck reselling it for even more money.

Btw, are you allowed to use sniper websites to win ebay auctions?

Posted By

JamesC
on 2003-02-10
 Ebay

Sniping is allowed at Ebay US. I don't know about other Ebay sites.

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-02-10

Here James have another smoke on me:
____~ wink

Don't know what to say.... The machine might as well be called the MOON. We all know what it looks like, but only a handfull will ever get to touch it. All you can do is look into the sky and pay your respects.

A real shame this guy never followed up with the info, facts and piccys

Posted By

JamesC
on 2003-02-10
 Just a quick follow-up

Here is Dan's own site, slapped up when he received the machine. As you can see, what little he has available was already freely available from Bo Zimmerman's page.

Dan's V364
Bo's V364

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024