Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Mad
on 2017-11-27
12:36:51
 Re: Just in case you wonder..

@Luca: Right, the commercial label is now Boyknecht what can be roughly translated to the word "knave" in english. Bauknecht meant something like "construction servant" before.

There was some demoscene event, were they couldn't pronounce "Bauknecht" and kept saying something like "Boyknect" then. So we now officially choose this name. Could be that there will be some demoscene productions in the future under the label of Boyknecht too, at least there was already demand for this in the past, it's just to take advantage of this demoscene spelling mistake.

However I think the Boyknecht productions can be added to Bauknecht here in the database since they are fully uncommercially and don't violate any rights by this. However on pouet.net they will be added as Boyknecht releases since this name mangling is a tradition for many groups on pouet already. In this database here they can stay as Bauknecht releases, no (urgent) need to change this. It's better to have all releases at the same place, or?

I am sorry for the inconvenience, but it was the best I could do about this.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024