Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Mad
on 2017-11-27
07:54:46
 Just in case you wonder..

We have renamed the Bauknecht label in order to avoid copyright violations. We earned not much money with this label, but as a commercial entity we could have produced some problems with this name. So all games if you buy them somewhen in the future will be labeled differently. Psytronik already changed the shop. I hope we did no inconvenience for you with this.

The next game will come under a wholy different label anyways. Wish you a splendid week and rock on! happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2017-11-27
11:23:10
 Re: Just in case you wonder..

So now Boyknecht is the commercial releases' label, whereas you are still Bauknecht in the scene, right?

Posted By

Mad
on 2017-11-27
12:36:51

@Luca: Right, the commercial label is now Boyknecht what can be roughly translated to the word "knave" in english. Bauknecht meant something like "construction servant" before.

There was some demoscene event, were they couldn't pronounce "Bauknecht" and kept saying something like "Boyknect" then. So we now officially choose this name. Could be that there will be some demoscene productions in the future under the label of Boyknecht too, at least there was already demand for this in the past, it's just to take advantage of this demoscene spelling mistake.

However I think the Boyknecht productions can be added to Bauknecht here in the database since they are fully uncommercially and don't violate any rights by this. However on pouet.net they will be added as Boyknecht releases since this name mangling is a tradition for many groups on pouet already. In this database here they can stay as Bauknecht releases, no (urgent) need to change this. It's better to have all releases at the same place, or?

I am sorry for the inconvenience, but it was the best I could do about this.

Posted By

MMS
on 2017-11-27
15:06:43

It is a kind of interesting topic. I was not aware of Bauknecht washing machines, so you made the perfect high-tech advert for them. happy

OFF
When I was in Poland last year on the Ha!wangarda art festival, I had a kid of similar situation. I heard after my presentation, that some people came to listen it, because there was a kind of legendary (but long time disappeared) Polish C64 coder also called MMS (real name Marek Matula (so I suppose it is Marek Matula Software)), and they supposed I will be that guy.

Because of that I call myself on csdb.dk MMS+4, although I know it means less vote on a C64 scene happy
(mine means MicroMark Software. It is also not much more creative, than Marek's one, but well, I was only 13 when established this one man "brand" happy )

Posted By

Mad
on 2017-11-28
19:13:52

Funny thing! Didn't know there were more than one MMS. My handle is widely used in the demoscene. As far as I know Graham (one of the best C64 coders) was called Mad in the past, too.. At least no one will visit a conference because he heard some ominous Mad is speaking there.. happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024