Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2017-08-13
17:27:23
 Re: Arok 2017

Yeah, it was the first time I joined the party, and it was a fantastic event!
I was really happy to meet these guys the very first time, I am glad that I could be a part of such a great team.
SO THANK YOU ALL FOR THAT GREAT DAY!

I think all the releases were very good (and I will work next time a little harder too).

Though team photo was not made, it was a real teamwork there!
Let me give some insight happy

While siz and Chronos worked like hell to be ready, they still gave technical and moral support together with Gaia to Larry. Gaia sacrificed his virgin (never opened!!!) Plus/4 to able to install Siz's modified kernal to able to catch the loading failure. Larry and Bsz were running up and down between us and the organisers, try to to tests his demo on different setups.
During the time I successfully drank my beers, and loaded Bsz and Levente with a lot of silly questions. Could buy a pair of C16 joystick adapter. Installed and deinstalled several times the SFD-1001+IEC2IEEE setup, and used up all the free places around us with them.

Larry needed to test his Demo on different machines, as on the Party organizer's Plus/4 and C64 both his demos hanged up. As turned out during the tests, the Krill loader works prefectly on "unmodified" machines, but with modified 1541s, and the modified KERNAL machines hanged it up. Certainly the official party demo machines were heavily modified. (paralell port on 1541, JiffyDOS, etc)
So after the crosstests Larry and the team finally analyzed the issue, and I offered my "virgin" 1541/II to the organizers, to "have a normally working floppy drive for showing the demos" grin. We almost got no mains connector happy
(just kidding, all guys were very supportive and helpful)

I was really happy to contribute this small way to show this fantastic slideshow made by Larry. I can say, the Amiga guys were almost speechless...

I made a really small presentation about the IEC2IEE interface, but I think it was not 100% clear (sorry, was not so prepared), I decided that I will create a small presentation for the Arok team (and we may add here to the HW section), as with the C16 Joy adapter it works perfectly with a Plus/4 too. (as Bsz mentioned, maybe the cassette port would be better to get the 5V power, but both him and Levent though that it will not hurt the TED in this way)

The compo part was fantastic, most of the releases (even most the Wild category ones) were enjoyable or fun.

There were a lot of nice discussions during the day about different hw and sw stuff. I learned a lot, while everyone was very kind and patient with me despite I had some really lame questions.

There were several more Plus/4s visible all around, some were in use, and I think the team's last releases will increase the focus on this machine.

So, it was my view.
I will try to be there next year too. (please don't cry! happy )

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024