Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Hypex
on 2017-08-08
10:42:29
 Re: Trackloader For The Masses, Not The Classes

Not trying to add insult to injury here but are any fastloaders in use compatible with the SD2I
EC? Or use the same transfer protocol? I do wonder if a fastloader can send testing code like JiffyDOS does in its strange way to the drive to determine what is present. I don't know how it supports different loaders if it doesn't fully emulate a 1541. Given they also say fast loaders are not supported. Seems like some kind of contradiction there.

So the list is JIFFYDOS, GEOS, FINAL CARTRIDGE III, EXOS, TURBODISK, EPYX FASTLOAD, SPEEDDISK AND DREAMLOAD FASTLOADERS.

Is Bitfire similar enough to these that it would work?

I'd like to have a Virtual1551. This would be plug in the cartridge port and act just like a 1551 except the disks would be stored on SD card. And because of the parallel port transfer of the 1551 it would totally crap over the 1541 fast loaders with an extra fast loader. It would also include a fast DMA mode where files would be loaded direct to host memory as fast as possible. Perhaps even as re-mapping internal RAM to host RAM like an expansion. Since it also includes 64KB. As well as a the ability to pick a cart to play. Hold down a key and a boot menu would come up. One can dream. grin

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024