Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

JamesC
on 2017-07-22
14:19:52
 Re: Possible to list supported / suggested shops on the Menu?

I don't object to the idea. But I have concerns about keeping the list accurate, who would be responsible for maintaining it.

Ideally, if the shop owner is also a member here (such as Chris of commodore16.com), they would be responsible for maintaining their own listing here. This allows them to update shipping costs, shipping times, item availability.

For shops that don't have a member presence on Plus/4World, there needs to be a "last updated" line on each listing, so that we can estimate how accurate that shop's record may be.

If a shop also maintains an eBay presence, we should link to both, in the same record here. This helps us see whether two sellers are really the same. It is also possible that their eBay listings contain less technical information than the shop's page for the same item.

Shipping charges and delivery times are inherently subjective. I routinely bring things into the US and post out of the US; what might be reasonable to me could be unreasonable to someone buying within their own country.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024