Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Mad
on 2017-05-20
08:18:23
 Re: Just a silly idea.. How about converting some game..

Baz you are right, that a C16 port could be possible, perhaps it are to many screens, however they could be loaded later on from disc. I think the main problem would be the sprites, if you do have only 16Kb of memory, the only solution I seek would be blocky movement (per character) and a black background for every sprite. In this graphicmode (hires charset) all games with real "sprites" would look like a zx-spectrum game, or worse, because you only have one foreground color per "tile" and one background color for the whole screen, thus only two colors at every "tile" position.
A sprite would require atleast a third color there. The sprites are also rather big! But perhaps it's doabel in some way. (I know the game looks prettysimple however at plus/4 the sprite limitation kicks in happy )

RKSoft I just made a few tries with charset mode, I think a Mario (erm M...ikey) will be possible! However it will run with 25Fps instead of 50, I hope this is also ok. At the moment I am thinking of automatically converting the mario levels for it, however we need a own tileset for plus/4, the map itself could be taken from the real mario levels.

@Anyone: Is there anywhere a good tileset editor for the plus/4 (crosdtool)? Me for myself could use my own tool (Plus4Studio), however it's a bit unintuitive and somehow a little messy (also I had to correct some bugs which made it partially unusable).
I don't know if someone else can use it, perhaps with a little help by me.. Don't know! happy
Something like Charpad (for C64 level gfx) would be nice.

All the best! happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024