Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Mad
on 2017-04-12
12:44:31
 Re: Majesty of Sprites II the lands of Zador

Hey Baz,

the flickering of the loader is normal if you do use disc drive devices not supported by the loader.

The error looks like there was something loaded wrong into the memory.

The best way to let the game run is from a 1541II which is the standard drive supported by the loader. Tests with 1551 and SD2IEC have been confirmed to work well, too, but they do the screen flickering (they rely on the internal bios loading).

If you do have the time, you could try to copy the game to a physical floppy. I am not sure what sort of drive you use there and my assumption would be that the bios loading of this devices loads the data somehow different to e.g. the SD2IEC (or is it a SD2IEC?).

The loader should support the following drives natively (the loading doesn't flicker then): native support for 1541, 1541-C, 1541-II, 1570, 1571, 1571CR, 1581, CMD FD

There should be no issue with a C16 with 64k at all, the game should work normally on this setup. It was tested already on C16s with 64k. As said I would suggest, that it's a loader problem and some memory was loaded corruptly from the "disc".

I just looked into the code and the data for the textscreens should be loaded along with the other leveldata, which is already displayed corretly. So I just have no clue, what did go wrong at your setup. Another idea would be that the memory somewhere beyond $3000 is not working correctly, but let's hope that this is not the case.

Perhaps some devices are supported differently by the bios. Sadly I can't support every device, since there is literally not one single byte left anymore.

If you don't mind, I would give copying to a real disc a try.

edit: perhaps you could check if other levels do have the same bug. The passwords for the levels can be found in the forum at The lands of Zador. the secondlevel password for instance is: "CASTLY". And it would be really great if it also could run at your setup.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024