Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

George
on 2017-02-05
15:10:44
 Re: Creating new Speech Data for the V364

Vice:
The" abeec"-demo in Vice brings out some speech-sound (no "Alien"-talk), but its not very clear and loud. (Maybe timing problems?). Again the assumption, that the emulation is not 100%. Somebody should really try real hardware. I didnt try the C64 with MV (emulation) so far. The conclusion is, that the Speech-Data is probaly not corrupted. It can be uses as refrence.

SPTK:
I made some mistakes:
- Extracting the raw data from a wave: Since wa2raw is only in the newer SPTK, i used one tool from the internet. But it didn't' cut the header form the wave but produced a much bigger file than the original..happy

- Frame-length: Parcor divides the data in frames (slices of N ms length). Each frame ist encoded into that 12 parameters. You can set the Toshiba to framelenght 20 ms or 10 ms. The parameters for that lenght in SPTK are -l 320 or -l 160 (16 points are 1 ms)

- I recorded a new source wave iwith 8khz mono 16 bit. (Lowest i could find, do 8 bit exist?), because the Toshiba plays in 8khz too.

-When you apply the conversion now, you have a wonderful Matirx of Parcor-Parameters shrinked into a Handfull-bytes.

-The Result is still incompatible, but the result reminds more Converted Speech than all tries before. And now we know, that Yape doesn't play uncompressed data at all. So I have to continue with Vice, which i don't like.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024