Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Mad
on 2017-01-24
10:25:18
 Re: Colors area for Multicolor screen

So here is a little windows executable, which should do a very primitive approach to convert the picture.

It needs a 320x200 image as input (perhaps already converted with the plus4emu tools so that you already have a multicolor picture with dithering).
I think I don't have enough time to code a propper picture conversion tool with everything needed for it, that would consume too much time.

The "tool" here converts a 320x200 png picture given by the commandline parameter, to an only 3 colored multicolor block one with the background color set to black. You must specify the png as the only commandline parameter else it will be crashing happy..

Sorry that I just can't do more at the moment.. Perhaps you can use the tool to get some propper test graphics for your basic programm. (However it uses a fixed plus4 palette at the moment, what could also be a drawback) A good tool would take a lot more time and effort..

Ah and it outputs the bitmapMemory (8000 bytes) and ColorMemory(1000 bytes) and LumaMemory(1000 bytes) and the converted .png. (didn't test it, yet. The base are the routines I use here to convert all the images to plus4.)

So here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7k639bhtpgcxmnv/3farb.zip?dl=0

Sorry for that primitive approach, a propper converter would take much longer.. Perhaps I will look somewhen into the plus4emu sources of that tool, it should be easy to get it working with only 3 colors, the main problem would be to get it to compile here.

Perhaps some others, could help, too.. :)

ps: The VDC Challenge rocks, didn't know that such clean HFLI pictures are possible.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024