Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

JamesC
on 2017-01-11
16:12:27
 Re: Porting to Commodore Plus 4 of my game Genius, memory/bitmap mode questions..

You'll need a disk editor to put ,8,1 outside the filename. My preference is Disk Doctor, but anything that allows you to directly edit a sector on a disk will do the job.

A.O resides in the first directory slot of the disk, Track 18 Sector 1. To force an ending quote mark, leave a shifted space (the disk editor will show it as CHR$(160)) after A.O. After the shifted space, in the area of other shifted spaces, type ,8,1: and then save this sector back to the disk.

If you're not comfortable editing the disk directly, email me the "official" distribution disk image (if it differs from yesterday's preview) and I'll do it for you. Click my name at the left side of this post to get my email address.

*Subtle correction to SVS's comment about DLOAD/DSAVE -- DLOAD will load to wherever BASIC happens to reside. In text mode (or on a C16 or 116) this is 4097 ($1001), but if a GRAPHIC mode is active on the Plus4 then DLOAD will load to 16385 ($4001).

DSAVE will save from BASIC space, and will include the load address at the time of the save -- a major inconvenience if you save from GRAPHIC mode but later LOAD"*",8,1 from text mode! One solution is to GRAPHIC CLR (deallocate graphic memory) before DSAVEing your program.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024