Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Twinspirit32
on 2017-01-07
10:04:27
 Re: Porting to Commodore Plus 4 of my game Genius, memory/bitmap mode questions..

I've mapped hires page1 to $8000 and page 2 to $C000, apparenlty VICE works fine with this mapping
and shows correctly the hires bitmaps even without the RAM activated with $FF3F.
VICE anyway is not allowing to map the $800 luminance+Color bytes in RAM area without activating it,
infact i had to place these lum color memory below $8000 to see the right colors/luminance on Hires.

Plus4emu is showing content of ROM instead both bitmap pixels areas and color/lum area, so apparently
I have to change the situation in terms of IRQ handling and keep always RAM active I suppose.
I filled with code the area $1000-$8000 so I thought I could have used the shadow RAM $8000-$FFFF for hires area and I thougt that TED could address and read those areas even without atctivating RAM with $FF3F.
So I assume that the real machine behaviour is that TED needs RAM activated with $FF3F to show bitmaps located over $8000 at this point right?
If this is true VICE is really not that true emulation happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024