Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2017-01-07
02:07:08
 Re: VDC Challenge!

Thx guys!
Some personal expereince during the creation of this:
- I also found it funny, though the C128 VDC resolutions are up to 800x600, and the +4 verson give a similar experience despite it is only 320x200.
- The HFLI VS FLI question was also interesting. Though it provides more colors per attribute, the FLI half resolution (VS HFLI) sometimes made the picture much less enjoyable. The girl face in normal FLI looked terrible, eg. there were no details on the hair. I can say, the HIRES mode was really underestimated by me, it stepped a level up with FLI color handling. (but there are some fantastic artists making normal HIRES gfx, respect happy ) BTW a very similar Amiga picture made me start doing grafix of +4 back to 1989.
- I tried to keep the dithering low, as some people do not like it happy, it was kind of funny how the low color dithering made the picture look closer to the original, while at a certain point it turned into something too "computer taste".
- As I know there is no crossplatform +4 HFLI editor, it made the defective pixel correction pretty time consuming, but it was challenging, so enjoyed it happy
If I was lucky, then I could make it not detectable with dithering and color adjustment. When I had no luck, I modified the original picture with Irfanview, by adding motion blur or local color adjutment / editing on the original picture and restarted the conversion process.
- Still I do not master the Plus/4 palette. Would be great to have a raw palette.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024