Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Twinspirit32
on 2016-12-31
10:01:32
 Re: Porting to Commodore Plus 4 of my game Genius, memory/bitmap mode questions..

I use merlin 128 on vice 128 emulator as main assembler for my game for Commodore 64 ver, Plus 4 vers, and even Apple II version and BBC Micro version. I extract the binaries and create the Apple II dsk and BBC Micro ssd diskrs with a batch invoking with conversion tools I found on the interent.
So it's a sort of "retro" cross compiling, I love to work with old fashion assemblers and Merlin 128 of Glen Brendon is very brilliant and powerfull in my opinion.
So it's great to have YAPE for Mac Osx so I can test the Apple II version directly working on MAC with Virtual II emulator which I prefer to AppleWin happy

I'm almost done with the port to Plus 4, still have to dig into Zero Page variables that I'm using. I have strange behavious from routines that are relying on fast zero pages vars.
Would be usefull to know what vars in Page zero can by safey used, are there any specific infos ragarding this topic out there maybe?
Would love to have some help in beta testing the plus 4 version when ready if anyone is interested!

btw. Happy new year to everybody!!

happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024