Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2016-12-26
18:33:09
 Re: PC RS232 Mouse project for Plus/4 User port_a cheap and working one :-)

OFF happy

1) you are right. it has zero chance. happy

2) The circuit in this current form only utilizes only the TXD line of the TTL converter circuit (as I need only incoming signals from the mouse), but it takes only a small additional soldering joint to link it to the Pin M of the User Port to the RXD line to get a full scale RS232 I/O device.

(BTW I was thinking, why the C64 equivalents connecting the TXD to both B and C lines, while I found C only sufficient enough?)

(As nobody wants to print anything with a Commodore Plus/4 (in real life), especially not with an EPSON RS232 printer and we do not have yet a terminal program to reach BBS (?) the major task of the project still to realize the mouse as an input device, but with some future potentials)

The next steps could be with some additonal circuitry:
MODEM: as you mentioned, by connecting RXD to Pin M it will be possible.
(I have no analogue telephone line in my house any more to test it (though I still have a working RS232 modem) )

USB: RS232 to USB with a converter (I have such a circuit). As I read, on PC side the Striketerm can do the job.

In fact I am more interested (as you already know) the 8bit Covox like digital sound output card via User Port and to make my SFD-1001 work properly with Plussy. (I have the IEC2IEE adapter, but have no QD floppies and have a probably dirty disc drive head)

Thinking how I can make the best use of both in a single card (and user port connector), making somehow modular or what...

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024