Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2016-09-30
10:56:57
 Re: Newly registered member Sanya has...

The best was the birdy sound, haha! happy

I am ready to help in that translation matter, though I have to admit, we have at home a "mushroom book for kids", and there are some crazy hungarian mushroom names inside, and I am pretty sure they are completely different in English.

Latin names are in, but probably will not help to much to able to complete the game without majr poison efffects... So it will need some Wikipedia search, and in English (American English) there are some alternative names for the same mushrooms, so we may need a validation from a native English speaker after the first draft translation done. It would be crazy to release a game with Chinese--> English Direction For Use translation quality we can sometimes see....

(BTW one example, how complicated this translation COULD be:
one of the most tasty Hungarian mushrooms, the Izletes varganya (Boletus edulis, English: penny bun, cep, porcino ) can be mixed with the Satantinoru (Boletus satanas, English: devil's bolete) and with the Farkastinoru (Boletus calopus, English: bitter beech bolete or scarlet-stemmed bolete).

Checking the pictures I think only idiots/retarded persons can mix with them with each other, but hey, the books stating this happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024