Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2016-09-15
12:21:23
 Re: Hey I've had a N.O.S plus/4 and about to show it off at a club at school

off:
nice one, but I think I can challange even this Coco3 Hicolor mode with HFLI 320x200.
As we do not mix 16 color with 16 others, but 121 with 121.
( Imagine if 4 bitmaps could be used by iVarga converter, not the current 2 happy )
We have interlaced dithering with color map and bitmap interlace, but flickers like hell. (IHFLI)

Though the grid mode of Plussy make it little less flexible than free pixel mode of Coco3, the picture shown on the linked info page is just a normal 16Million color BMP, not a converted one. The Youtube link car is not SO much better than my simple Alfa Brera FLI pic.

(megaoff: as I see that Hicolor sample car uses Floyd Steinberg dithering, that is not my fav. Jarvis and Stucki are much better for less plastic, higher contrast real life photos, and it is utiliized by I.Varga's converter, next to ordered Bayer and Floyd Steinberg. And some members use no dithering at all happy )

ON
Plus4Emu has a GFX converted that could produce fantactic FLI and interlaced pictured, you can show on the Plussy, as it can save self-executeable, even compressed Files.
So you can choose your most fav photo, and play a little with GFXConvGUI tool, has tons of settings, thereis a preview mode, and if you life the result, just save to a floppy or IECdrive and load it to a real screen. If you have a CRT tv or monitor, the color dithering will look FANTASTIC
(and you can try it on YAPE with CRT emulation, or Plus4Emu in Display setting to put Picture mode 3 and it fully emulated CRT ditehring)

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024