Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2016-09-14
18:30:46
 Re: Hey I've had a N.O.S plus/4 and about to show it off at a club at school

So Pac-Pac for all! happy
Adventures in time is a great game too (almost look real sprite), but there are also other nice recent releases (MOS, MOS2, Xplode man).

Some FLI slideshows really look fantastic on Plus/4. Carrion's releases are just superb.

Games:
There are great list of almost identical converted C64 games (Laser Squad, Elite, Head Over Heels, Wizard of Wor, Choplifter, Into the eagles', , SpyVsSpy, Goonies, etc) also some nice ones from Speccy (UWOL, Sabre Wulf), though the later are just too fast for my reactions. They look almost identical to C64 versions. Look for Mucsi, Csory releases.

If you are interested more in adventures, check out PIGMY's list (find him under "Members"). He converted from C64 dozens of fantastic releases in 100%, like Hobbit, Bard's Tale 3 (nice intro animation, though 4 discside), Tass Times (animated, mouse cursor), Ingrid's back, Borrowed time, and a must to mention: Battle chess. and a lot lot more.

Real Plussy releases (next to the aboves)
TCFS also made some very nice and simple (=easy to play and enjoy) games, with few C64 gfx elements, usually they are very fine games, look like a hybrid of a demo and a game. I like them all. Commando, Hexenkuche, GPC, Speedball, etc, etc
If you look for Csabo's or Luca's prgs, you can find real gems (eg. Quadrillion, a fantastic piece). And a lot others.

-Also worth to mention the MS Excel looking SVS-Calc, from my point of view a fantastic achivement on 8 bit machine.
(sorry if I left out someone important, no intention to hurt or left out anyone important)

-While Plus/4 TED is not a real music machine / synth, it has nice digi capabilities due to higher bit resolution than C64. (someone will correct me, if not)

The toplist on the DEMO side (trackmo or single file demo) are all nice stuff, though I think -technically speaking- we are a little behind the C64 scene, but the FLI pics and the plasmas are all look great on Plussy due to 121 colors palette, can be shown at ones on the screen.

PS
JamesD! Thanks happy
I am currently working on a little more challenging (and more homogenous looking) slideshow, probably will be called VDC benchmark
(I mean C= Plus/4 rule all the 8 bit machines (from GFX aspect) and we have SID card too, so sound-wise Plussy is the top class too now happy )

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024