Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2016-08-07
19:37:45
 Re: Photos of CommVEx v12 2016

Hi Robert,
Thank you for the links and the description. Due to some unknown reasons my google search on that name gave no result. So the links provided gave a lot of new information. (small correction: if does not use the slow bluetooth, but the way faster wifi protocol)

Wow, that's something really made by a genius. The sophisticated fixation of the iPhone to a bicycle (unicycle) pedal with a Duck Tape sounds crazy too.
Two comments/ideas:
-The iPhone "sensor" cost way more than a used uni/bi cycle. Too bad they did not develop it to an old Symbian smartphone, could be bough dirt cheap now, they have very similar sensors and able to create hotspot too (like my old E66, or E52, X7, E7, C7, 701). The it could be the part of the full project order, not like an iPhone happy
-A separate external unicycle simulating HW/device could be developped to this function, a pedal holder (with no wheel, just axis, the pedal and a triangle holding the whole sutt above the table). It may use a modified pedal utilizing a mobile holder, like you can see in the cars or a slot for the phone with a click locking mechanism.

I quickly checked the circuit diagram, and it seems fully compatible with the Plus/4 joysick port, as not using the POTX and POTY lines (5,9) and cannot overload the +5V line (7) as it does not use it at all.
So no TED harm could be suspected.

Could be an interesting project to convert the PRG that is just reading the proper signals from the two joystick control ports, as no HW change required on Unijoysticle, 100% compatible with Plussy (after using a completely standard joystick adapter)

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024