Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Litwr
on 2016-09-01
06:42:36
 Re: A mathematical demo

Thanks for support! happy Help from the beeb's enthusiasts inspired me to make the more deep optimization of 6502 code. I'd even wrote a branch optimizer which minimizes the number of page-crossing branches. So PIPACK-12 is just released. It is the kind of obsession...
I know very little about Speccy. However this knowledge contains information that in some cases Spectrum maybe faster than Amstrad... If my obsession continues to be then the scientific answer maybe made one day. happy
EDIT. BBC Micro uses the ordinary way to work with RAM/ROM. It sacrifices 50% of cycles to video. C+4 is more advanced, it loses only about 25% of cycles for video - that is close to the best z80 system.
EDIT. PIPACK-15 is just released. It contains valuable data from BBC Micro world. I could even gather data for a very rare and expensive (about $8000!) first ARM system of 1986. It also contains data about the world fastest 8-bit systems 6502 at 4MHz (1986) and Z80 at 6 MHz (1984). They are the 2nd processors for BBC Micro. All data are acquired from real iron.
It is curious that Z80 at 6 MHz outperforms 6502 at 3 MHz. It is because Z80 has very good integer division. JamesC noted this fact.
It is also curious that Commodore 128 at z80 mode is almost 4 times slower than BBC Micro with Z80. This gives the effective frequency of z80 in C128 close only to 1.6 MHz...
The only disadvantage of Acorn systems was their price.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024