Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

JamesC
on 2003-01-03
 Csabo's Priorities

This is only my opinion, all flames should be mailed to whocares@idonot.com wink

1) Instant Messages. I don't know how many times in the last year I've posted immediately after someone else and they don't know for hours.

2) Finish the map.

3) Smiley help page.

4) News and forum search. This is another thing where Neopets has it right -- search for a term and you get a clickable list of anything that contains that term. From there the user can determine which one they need. (in other words, combine the searches)

5) Database updates. I get frustrated when I have my own projects to do and there's a note "where's the help???" on the forum.... I'm not trying to dodge any responsibility here, but I've promised some things to others also, and balancing can be hard. (The others doing the updating don't have access to News page to tell everyone else that they've done something)

As far as hardware database, there are plenty of sites that document the Plus/4, 16, 116, 232, etc, as well as info for the disk drives and other stuff. I admit sometimes it's not easy; I myself searched for a couple of weeks before I found what I was looking for on the 1551 before I received mine. I am attempting to do such a thing on my own site, but as I said about balancing..... it's a matter of sitting down, writing code, and uploading pictures. I would hate to get this 90% complete to find a note on here "Csabo has completed the hardware database" so if you are gonna do this I won't do mine. There is nothing I hate more than duplication of effort. Except brussel sprouts. And liver.

Publications database: as I come across magazines that have useful Plus/4 info in them I try to obtain scans for my site. Once again, duplication of effort....

Plus/4 Encyclopedia: sounds like an expansion of SVS's Ultimate ROM list and a tips-n-tricks page. Can you elaborate or give a link to what's already been done?

Oh, just a BTW, the 'unscramble' program that was discovered a few days ago is a component of a set of disks on my Yahoo download page. I have lagged adding this to my website due to copyright concerns.

Okay I'm through venting now. I think.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024