Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2016-05-21
06:01:38
 Re: Mouse for Plussy

Hi SVS,

The documentation is not completely clear here, I mean the naming and the description do not match here.
I think it is an area for improvement, as it has no real business with the JOY status at all (more in what mode the mouse is), and even has no linkage to any X or Y coordinates (as I see, but I am not the developer to know the final status happy ).

As written, if the mouse is in Analog mode , then these two bits return 1, otherwise in digital mouse mode shows MIDDLE and RIGHT mouse button status. As the 0 is the active mode, in case you check it with 1351, it will never be active.

Dear gerliczer,
if you check, how old is this post (5 years now), and when the first time the mouse topic popped up (without real life solution), I treat it as one of the long term "holy grails" on Plussy.
I try to work out together with BSZGG a feasible and cheap solution. It will be not perfect, but may cover 60-70% of the needs. For 10% solution there is the more expensive way.
In fact (if you read my previous posts) I did not want to compete with the SID card, but as no proper driver created yet, I try to do mine.
(And I found 1351 little too expensive and too rare)

Holy grails:
-Nice music without heavy CPU load? Solved with SID card
-Fast drives: JiffyDOS is available
-Nice modern GUI? GEOS
-Big storage capacity? SD2IEE. And I am also testing IEE2IEC with SDF1001 (needs major head cleaning)
-Sprites? More or less is is clear now, that with wise color selection (background and color 3) two colored main sprite is possible
-Nice pictures? Great FLI tools and crossplatform tools created with fantastic (close to Amiga) results
-Mouse? SID Card (or maybe mine RS232 later)
-More memory? Erhm, we have no external memory expansion at all, just internal wiring ones. Soooo...

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024