Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2016-05-20
02:53:00
 Re: Mouse for Plussy

OK, but IRQ is there, when mouse status change happens.
You do not need to read out status continuously. What is resource waste with that?

Anyhow, SID card is 60€ (and not available for the most new users, maybe for the forum members), an 1351 mouse is 25-40€ (when available).

RS232 mouse with MAX232 circuitry comes out from 10€.

When my PDF (I uploaded yesterday) becomes active, then I can put all these details into the post, though I am not ready yet with the full documentation, and especially the resident driver required for the BASIC staff (and to finally standardize the X,Y, Mouse button status addresses)

About the handling of mouse:
-If you write an assembly PRG, then it is just one additional thing to be checked in your routine. Usually not the heavy rasterloaded demos with digi SID music will use the mouse, but maybe some drawing programs and GEOS (even for the 1351 an available C64 GEOS driver is there, I need to check the addresses it uses) or other utilities. These programs do not have "SID is eating my rastertime"
-If you use it in BASIC, then the resident driver will do all the nasty things in the background, you just need to read out and use the coordinates and check mouse button status with peeks. Taking out the 2-2 upper bits for the position and adding to thew 2 byte long X-Y coordinates that takes the CPU time, but Plus/4 is better equipped for that, than C64 (more raw power) happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024