Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Litwr
on 2016-05-05
12:25:11
 Re: A mathematical demo

Hi, MMS! Thank you! happy Maybe SAM Coupé or Atari Lynx are faster than our little demon but Lynx is not a PC and SAM Coupé is too rare to be taken into the account. C65 is also 8-bit...
It was mentioned above that z80 systems have major slowdown by video system... So I have to say several bitter and emotional words. The better Z80 based systems have 10-20% slowdown but ALL 6502 based systems have 50-75% slowdown! I can understand this for the first PC like Apple ][ or Commodore PET, but how is it possible to make C128 for 1985 with RAM at 1.9 MHz only even at VDC and RGBI monitor mode? BBC Micro uses RAM at 4 MHz at 1981. So the proper design should give up to 5 MHz CPU for C128. What was it? The global conspiracy against 6502 or total stupidity? Another question. Why CPU was fixed by VIC-II? It looks so easy to make the special RAM for it like for VDC of C128. I want to find opportunity to ask Bil Herd about it.
[z80 at Plus4] IMHO it is possible. There were a lot of sayings that C64 accelerator is impossible due to VIC-II but superb SuperCPU was made...

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024